6 Social Media Tricks You Haven’t Tried Yet
Bad news first: the truth is, there is no one-size-fits-all formula for social media success. Each business requires a different approach and strategy based on specific goals, target market needs, expectations, trends and many other factors. The good news is, there are still a lot of channel-specific social media tricks that are useful regardless of your strategy and will help you stay on top of social media activities.
Today we’re going to share some of those social media tricks with you.
Let’s get going!
Use Twitter Cards to Boost Conversions on Your Website
Struggling to increase conversions on your website? Did you know that with Twitter Cards your audience can sign up for your email list, view or use coupon or even download your new app straight from a tweet? Twitter Cards are basically rich media and interactive experiences wrapped in a tweet. They come in several different types (download an app, sign up, visit landing page, etc) and are totally free!
Twitter Cards are implemented into your website by adding a few lines of code, and whenever you or other users tweet links to your content, the tweet will contain “rich media” card which is visible to all the followers. Here’s the example of “Photo Summary Card” which contains direct link to the website, displays the article’s title, intro and thumbnail image. It’s a great way to draw attention to your latest blog post!
If you have tech skills or have a developer in your team, Twitter Cards Documentation will help you get started.
You can also try to pin your new rich media tweets to the top of your Twitter profile so that the tweet is there for anyone who visits your profile directly.
Download the Original Images from Instagram Using Google Chrome
Probably you know that Instagram dramatically downsizes images for better loading time. However there’s a simple workaround to get the URL for the original, full-sized images from Instagram and download them to your computer. Here’s how.
- Open Instagram.com in Google Chrome and find the page with the image you want to save.
- Click on the image thumbnail to open the gallery view, then right-click on the image and select “Inspect”. This will open Chrome browser’s developer tools.
- In the upper menu (“Elements Console Sources…”) find Resources (in this case “>>” is clicked to open Resources).
- You will see the following folders.
- Go to Frames, then click arrow next to www.instagram.com/, then click arrow next to Images.
- Find the image you want to save, right click on it, select “Open in a New Tab”. Right click again to “Save image as” in your computer and you’re good to go!
Please, respect the copyright and don’t forget the following:
- Never save or use another person’s work for profit.
- Always credit the original photographer/artist when sharing someone’s work.
- Only Instagram can legally save photos from the app and sell them to an advertising agency.
Convert Your Pinterest Page into Business Account
FACT: According to Wiselytics, the half-life of a Pinterest pin – that is, the time in which it earns 50% of all clicks and views, is 1,600 times longer than a Facebook post. Pinterest is a huge online marketing opportunity and can be beneficial for a lot of businesses. Did you know that besides setting up a new business account on Pinterest you can convert your current personal one? After converting your Personal Account into Business Account you’ll get Pinterest Analytics and will be able to take advantage of Promoted Pins, Rich Media and Buyable Pins and much more. Follow the link to learn more and convert your account on Pinterest right now: https://www.pinterest.com/business/convert/.
Make GIF From YouTube Video
It’s no secret that almost everybody love GIFs. They are fun, entertaining and engaging even for those with a very short attention span. Thinking about adding GIFs to your marketing toolkit, but having trouble creating them? Try making GIFs from YouTube videos in a few easy steps.
- Open YouTube video you want to turn into GIF.
- Now put “gif” in front of the “YouTube” part of the URL at the top of your browser and press Enter. You’ll be taken to gifs.com and the clip you selected will automatically show up. On gifs.com you’ll be able to make a GIF out of the video you chose.
- Select title, starting time and duration for your GIF and click Create GIF.
- Voila! Your gif is ready to be shared!
Format Google+ Posts
Make your content stand out on Google + by changing the formatting of the font in a post! The formatting works for comments as well.
- Bold: Add an asterisk (*) before and after the text to make it bold (*bold*).
- Italic: An underscore ( _ ) at the beginning and end of text will italicize it (_italic_).
- Both: Use an asterisk followed by an underscore at the beginning and end of a word or phrase to create a bold-italicized font (*_both_*).
Strikethrough: Adding a hyphen (-) at the beginning and end of your content will strike a line through it (-strikethrough-).
Create Social Media Images in Seconds
With more than half of marketing made of visual media, any brand constantly needs creative images to engage its audience. However, for the beginners, creating images with professional tools like Photoshop or Illustrator can be tough sometimes. Besides, hiring a pro designer will probably cost you more than you earn, if you’re just getting started. That’s when Pablo and Canva come in handy! Use these easy tools to create stunning graphics for your social media and blog in seconds. Research your audience, be relevant, don’t be afraid to experiment and keep trying new things when creating your graphics and soon you’ll see the positive results.